Parent Involvement Liaison
Work with school staff, parents, mentors, and volunteers at assigned campus. The Parent Involvement Liaison will be responsible for organizing, motivating, training and recruiting volunteers for the school. The Parent Involvement Liaison will coordinate the efforts of schools to improve the linkage between schools, family, and community and will implement programs to engage parents in their child’s education. Will organize promotional events, write and edit news releases and manage friendly contacts on behalf of the school district.
High School Diploma or GED
Associates degree or 60 or more college hours (preferred)
Two to three years of experience preferred.
Experience with a volunteer program in an educational setting preferred with skills in parent involvement, community outreach, special events/field trips, public relations, marketing, student recruitment and student retention.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Must be self motivated and driven
- Proficient in marketing and public relations strategy
- Proficient in the use of current technology required for the performance of duties, including social media, work processing, spreadsheet, presentation software.
- Ability to perform duties remotely and/or on a flex schedule, upon approval by superintendent, in response to pandemics, natural disasters, catastrophic events, etc. and will be subject to virtual/distance learning policies and procedures as set forth in employee handbook.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a volunteer in Public School program, including conducting volunteer orientation, training volunteers and tracking volunteer hours.
- Develop plans to more effectively recruit and retain volunteers.
- Work with campus staff to plan, implement and evaluate the use of volunteers/mentors on a systematic basis.
- Collaborate with school-based teams and parents to assist schools in planning a comprehensive program of family and school partnerships.
- Coordinate the district-wide volunteer mentorship program including recruiting and training mentors and advising counselors on program implementation.
- Provide resources and materials to campus teams.
- Develop, maintain and utilize appropriate information management systems and records essential to attain partnership goals.
- Plan and implement workshops to provide training to staff, parents, principals and other persons.
- Develop and periodically update a thorough parental volunteer survey.
- Maintain a volunteer recognition and incentive program.
- Organize opportunities for parents to share concerns and input regarding their children’s educational needs.
- Motivate and encourage parents to participate in the variety of parental programs offered on campuses.
- Serve as the main liaison between the district and parent-teacher-students organizations/associations.
- Work with Title 1 campuses to plan/implement and participate in Parental Involvement activities.
- Serve as the District liaison and assist with recruiting, training and other activities as needed.
- Participate in and assist with community involvement committee.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Should have knowledge of basic accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Computer, telephone, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written), maintain control under stress. Frequent district wide and community travel in personal vehicle. Flexible hours with occasional prolonged, irregular hours; light lifting and community travel in personal vehicle. Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress.
STET/HMPS considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.